Your Bounce Rate will Tell You What Your Visitors Think
Today, I thought we’d focus on a web analytics measurement that can give you a pretty clear indication if your website is a trick or a treat for your visitors.
Bounce rate is one of those metrics that may look discouraging at first, but that actually offers valuable information that can transform your website.
Bounces can indicate the success or failure of your website as a whole or of specific elements.
Your bounce rate can be a treasure trove of information aimed directly at the heart of your overall online success.
How Bounce Rate Is Measured
Just about all analytics programs have a metric for bounce rate. In Google Analtyics it is based on whether a visitor clicks on more than one page before leaving your website (if he doesn’t, that’s a bounce).
If you’re like me, you’re keeping an eye on what’s going on in the economy. I’ve found myself watching more financial news than ever.
The other day, I spent over an hour watching CNBC, analyzing whatever crazy moves the markets are making this week. During that time, I noticed five ways that the program kept me watching intently. These same concepts can help you become a better copywriter and marketer.
V2 N43: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition covers keyword usage for content marketing and SEO, ways to smooth the process from headlines to calls to action, benefits of Alltop to small businesses, mobile campaign best practices, and a free business tools resource list:
– Content marketing Institute’s Where and When Your Keywords Really Matter for Content Marketing and SEO explores where and when keywords actually matter for search rankings and where and when they don’t
If your website sales are suffering, sometimes it just takes a little tweaking to nudge it into better performance.
Of course, it’s always wise to maintain a regimen of testing in order to make sure you’re changing the right things.
However, you can also implement some quick changes to increase sales with conversion optimization.
Let’s take a look at some quick fixes that should deliver results right away.
V2 N42: Weekly Insights and Ideas
The conversionator V2 N42
This week’s edition includes suggestions and insights on calls-to-action optimization, measuring social media ROI, online customer influencers, and small business data protection:
– Calls-to-action (CTAs) are the gateways into your offers, and HubSpot’s 12 Important Places You’re Forgetting to Add Calls-to-Action is a handy reminder of places to check that you’re likely forgetting to include CTAs for your offers
Perhaps the most important element of your landing page, the headline has the power to engage your readers’ attention and funnel them toward conversion. Poorly written headlines can also increase your bounce rate faster than a kid on a pogo stick.
If you sell merchandise online, you need a strong guarantee policy.
V2 N41: Weekly Insights and Ideas
Effectiveness is the theme this week and you’ll find suggestions for both ‘About Us’ and ‘Home’ pages along with web form conversion data insights, some LinkedIn tips, and a simple social media strategy outline:
– For small businesses, the second most important page on its website after its homepage is probably the “About Us” page. MarketingProfs shares a proven, highly effective formula that can help you craft effective content in Is Your ‘About Us’ Page Effective?
We’ve all heard a lot about landing page optimization theory and how important it is for your landing pages to support your PPC ads.
In this post, let’s take a really quick look at nine ideas you can implement right now to polish up your landing pages and increase PPC conversion rates.
● Include Keyword Phrases in Your Headlines
This provides a sense of continuity between your ad and the landing page, keeping the viewer oriented. Let visitors know right away that they’re not wasting their time – that you have what they’re looking for.
V2 N40: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition offers tips on Google+ and Twitter SEO along with how to utilize key research findings on search patterns, “weapons of influence”, and eye tracking studies:
– Google+ is rapidly evolving and is becoming a force to be reckoned with. 20 Ways to Improve Your Google+ Knowledge from Social Media Examiner offers tips and resources to help you keep learning about Google+ and ways to enhance your user experience