Sometimes in the scramble to improve website conversion, product detail pages get overlooked in favor of more obvious elements such as the call to action.
Product detail pages are functional, not persuasive, right? It’s true that your product pages must provide all the nitty gritty details, but there’s also a lot you can do both to optimize search marketing efforts and improve website conversion on those ubiquitous product detail pages.
V3 N35: Weekly Insights and Ideas
Max The Conversionator
This week’s edition includes tips for marketers and designers on working together more efficiently, SEO and PPC considerations for website redesign, communicating the value of your CTA, 5 methods for continually gathering customer feedback, and how to correct website mistakes based on eye-tracking research:
– Coconut Headphones’ Ted Ives developed a standard, quick checklist for use with new and existing website to ensure the website is optimized for SEO and PPC purposes in Website Redesign Considerations for SEO and PPC
If you run an online business, you know the importance of keeping your conversion rates high. But what if your website isn’t performing as well as you’d like it to? Let’s take a look at five ways a conversion specialist can benefit your online performance.
What Can a Conversion Specialist Do for You?
A conversion specialist will go over your website with a fine-tooth comb, looking for barriers to conversion. Why hire a conversion specialist? Here are five of the most important reasons:
In the conversion optimization world, it’s often suggested that businesses avoid tacking trendy gadgets onto their websites merely in an effort to appear cool or up-to-date.
In the past, live chat may have fallen into that category, especially when the live chat box popped up and obscured the page the customer was looking at.
These days, however, live chat software has matured, developing into a valuable tool that can increase online sales in previously unimagined ways.
V3 N34: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition includes increasing conversions with a made up product as well as by using psychology, addresses customers being offered too many choices, 10 things your customers which you knew about them, and a website first impressions infographic created from eye-tracking research:
– There are a number of hardwired human traits and behavioral patterns understood by psychologists, behavioral economists and other social scientists that can be used to increase conversions. 12 Brands Increasing Conversions By Understanding Human Psychology from Econsultancy highlights 12 examples to learn from
Are You Missing the Target?
Finding Your Perfect Prospects
If you find yourself stressing over not getting enough of the “right kind of leads”, you may not be doing a good job of targeting the type people you want to work with.
Who Is My Perfect Prospect Anyway?
Repeat after me: You are not your ideal client! Don’t assume that they want the same things you want or that they think the way you do.
If you can’t clearly identify the people you’re trying to reach, work on answering these three questions before you proceed any further:
If you’ve dabbled in conversion optimization much, you know that usability, clarity, and persuasion are the three big conversion goals for any website.
Even if your site is clicking along nicely with decent conversion rates, you may still be able to wrangle higher numbers by thinking outside the box.
If you’ve hit a wall in the idea department, try these creative tips to improve website conversions.
V3 N33: Weekly Insights and Ideas
Max The Conversionator
This week’s edition includes tips on utilizing your website to drive sales, using “Power Words” to increase your conversion rates, creating usable comparison tables, improving conversions with product recommendations, and the slow but steady steps toward controlling, maintaining, and owning your own search results:
– Imagine. You. Because. How To Use These 3 Hypnotic “Power Words” To Covertly Increase Your Conversion Rates from KISSmetrics explains why these three words are hypnotic and influence people’s subconscious minds along with how to use them to your advantage.
Lead generation ranks among the top goals for most websites, and that means that somewhere along the way you’ll be creating a form to capture customer information.
It’s not simply a matter of putting together a bunch of fields and waiting for the leads to come rolling in. In order to maximize your lead generation conversion rate, you’ll have to understand what makes your customers tick.
What’s wrong with this testimonial?
“I can’t say enough good things about Neal, he’s helped our business out of a real mess”
Connie N., Brooklyn NY.
How much better would it be if it included:
- Why Connie thinks that Neal is such a great guy – Give us an example and the testimonial comes to life.
- How Neal helped Connie’s business – Give us some specific results and you’ve got a winning testimonial.
- Connie’s last name and name of her business – gives a lot more credibility to the testimonial.