™ V2 N5: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition is all about Google optimization and how it relates to your blog, website, and social media for SEO benefit, as well as the importance of Google Places and Google Instant Preview optimization:
– Social Media Examiner recently posted a very helpful article on How to Optimize Your Blog for Google with visual guides that show you how to easily optimize your blog for search engines
- Is Your Website Optimized for Google Instant Previews? Goggle Instant Previews helps boost the relevance of click-throughs and The Communications Strategist explains the importance of ensuring the answer is yes and provides a few links to helpful Google Instant Previews resources
– Google Small Business Blog offers some handy Tips For Creating a Free Business Listing in Google Places with the focus of the post being adding useful descriptions and relevant categories. Be sure to check the previous two posts in this three part series
- Google Website Optimizer 101 from Conversion Rate Experts is a quick-start guide to conversion rate optimization which includes a list of 108 ways to improve your website’s conversion performance
– While Google isn’t giving the same kind of authority to tweeted links as it is to other web-based links, it has admitted using ‘social signals’ like tweets to help it determine a page’s ranking. How To Use Twitter To Boost Your Google Rankings from Search Engine Land offers some basic tips to developing your social media influence on Twitter for SEO benefit
That will do it for this week’s Google-palooza edition and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.