V3 N35: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition includes tips for marketers and designers on working together more efficiently, SEO and PPC considerations for website redesign, communicating the value of your CTA, 5 methods for continually gathering customer feedback, and how to correct website mistakes based on eye-tracking research:
– Coconut Headphones’ Ted Ives developed a standard, quick checklist for use with new and existing website to ensure the website is optimized for SEO and PPC purposes in Website Redesign Considerations for SEO and PPC
– MarketingProfs’ How Marketers and Designers Can Work Together More Efficiently outlines the similarities and differences between marketers and designers and explains how to minimize conflict and maximize creative output
– What is the best way to ask the visitor on a landing page to take action? Optimizing Calls-to-action: 4 questions to ask yourself while writing a CTA from MarketingExperiments suggests four questions you should answer the next time you write a CTA to help you communicate that value
– To always be in the know about what your customers really want and how their needs are changing, The 5 Best Ways to Get Feedback from Your Customers from KISSmetrics shows how to use 5 different methods so that you can collect customer feedback day in and day out
– Websites that affect the bottom line understand how site visitors are interacting with their website. To that end, Crazy Egg compiled 5 Easily Corrected Website Design Mistakes Revealed By Eye Tracking Studies that are backed by recent research and eye-tracking studies
That will round it up for this week and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.
Donna has been in the Marketing and Research fields for over 20 years working with a wide array of industries and contributes The Conversionator weekly roundup post to the Diamond Website Conversion blog.