V2 N49: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition includes ways to increase content visibility on social networks, tips and tricks for using Gmail, a helpful reminder on heatmap analysis, using Google Analytics new Flow Visualization, and covers the many paths to conversion:
– 20 Ways to Increase Content Visibility on the Top 4 Social Networks from HubSpot is their list of 20 tips for increasing content visibility on the top four social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ to help make your content stand out
– Lifehacker’s Master the New Gmail with These Tips, Shortcuts, and Add-Ons is a helpful guide covering all their favorite Gmail tricks, both old and new. Even if you’ve been using Gmail for years, there’s bound to be something here you haven’t yet discovered
– ClickTale’s Web Analytics & Usability blog offers an important reminder to do a thorough heatmap analysis in So You Think You Know Heatmaps? to make sure that you take into account the role of each web element on the page towards customer conversions
– Learn about one of the newest features in the process of being rolled out from Google Analytics which provides a cleaner and much more intuitive way of depicting how visitors are moving through your site in Flow Visualization: Visitor and Conversion Reports in Google Analytics from Business 2 Community
– ClickZ explores why the “single track” view of conversion is overly simplistic and how it’s important to consider all of your available conversion paths in Online Buyer Behavior 101 and the Many Paths to Conversion
That does it for this week and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.