The Conversionator V3 N21
Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition includes a few landing page tweaks, explores site navigational elements, insights into domain trust bias, an extensive landing page ROI collection, and using metaphors to improve user experience:
– You should never be finished testing your landing pages and to that end, Unbounce offers 3 Tiny Tweaks to Shoot Your Conversion Rate Up (a Little) designed to make your established landing page squeeze an extra 2% out of your conversion rate
– Not all navigation is created equal. Effective Presentation of a Website’s Navigation from UX Booth explains how employing prioritization and visual language in your navigational elements helps users forget the navigation altogether and shares guidelines to help create more prioritized, visual navigation schemes
– New research reveals more web searchers are paying attention to what’s in the URL. Does Your Domain Say “Trust Me?” from Roger Dooley’s Neuromarketing highlights insights from the recent Stanford/Microsoft Domain Bias in Web Search study and offers a few ‘prescriptions’ in using domain bias to your advantage
– Landing Page ROI 101: Are Your Landing Pages More Like Bouncing Betties? from Level343 provides a comprehensive collection of information to help strengthen your preferred landing pages to get the strongest conversions possible
– To help your users understand abstract content, create a sense of familiarity, trigger emotions, draw attention and motivate action, Six Revisions’ 5 Reasons Why Metaphors Can Improve the User Experience looks at how you can use metaphors to add to the user experience on your website
That will round it up for this week and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.
Donna has been in the Marketing and Research fields for over 20 years working with a wide array of industries and contributes The Conversionator weekly roundup post to the Diamond Website Conversion blog.