™ V2 N40: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition offers tips on Google+ and Twitter SEO along with how to utilize key research findings on search patterns, “weapons of influence”, and eye tracking studies:
– Google+ is rapidly evolving and is becoming a force to be reckoned with. 20 Ways to Improve Your Google+ Knowledge from Social Media Examiner offers tips and resources to help you keep learning about Google+ and ways to enhance your user experience
– MarketingProfs’ Behavioral Mindsets Influence Search Patterns summarizes the three distinct behavioral search patterns from About.com’s research findings into the various mindsets that drive Web search
– Sometimes we are so focused on conversion metrics that we forget that we the people visiting our sites are human beings and not just integers in our reports. The Human Side of Conversion from Conversion Conference shares six identified “weapons of influence” and how to leverage these to persuade people
– Twitter is a natural complement to your site and a way to gain some additional spots on organic search engine results pages (SERPs), helping your website and its content get found. 7 SEO Twitter Tips to Rank Better in Search from HubSpot provides tips to help leverage your Twitter account for search
– Whn browsing a website, our eyes naturally look to the upper left to “get our bearings”, but our attention immediately goes to the center of the page. KISSmetrics put together What are You Looking At? Eye Tracking and What it Means for Your Website explaining how you can apply the knowledge of eye tracking to your site
That wraps it up for this week and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.