V3 N10: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition includes tips on using customer data for insight and on writing effective call-to-action copy, a bit of neuroscience research on search & conversion, an often over-looked and under-used beneficial Google Analytics usage, and explores the power of curiosity on calls-to-action:
– Customer data is a goldmine of insight. 10 Ways Data Mining Can Help You Get a Competitive Edge from KISSmetrics outlines the ten most common ways of using customer data along with some practical advice on how to use each
– How to Write Call-to-Action Copy That Gets Visitors Clicking from HubSpot discusses some key copywriting lessons you should apply to the process of crafting successful calls-to-action in
– Search Engine Land highlights recent finding from NeuroFocus’ neuroscience research on web surfing brains at work using brainwave measuring devices in The Neuroscience Of Search & Conversion
– One of the best ways to take Google Analytics to the next level is to track the return on investment (ROI) of the various traffic channels to your site. Three Secrets to Using Google Analytics for Measuring Your Website’s ROI from Entrepreneur defines three ways to determine the ROI for each traffic source coming to your site:
– Copyblogger covers using the power of curiosity to entice your reader to give you their full attention and follow your call-to-action in 3 Psychological Triggers that Can Move Your Audience from Indifference to Desire
That will cover it for this week and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.