If you could only get visitors to do ONE thing on your website, what would it be? This is where we begin the conversion optimization process for a lead generation website to help improve your lead generation rate.
Conversion Optimization Checklist:
Basic steps for optimizing a small business lead generation website
- Clear definition of goals - What exactly do you want people to do on your website? What are the primary and secondary goals? Unclear goals lead to confusing, poorly converting websites.
- Competitor Analysis – How do you differentiate your services from those of your compeititors. Will new visitors be able to tell the difference? What is your edge?
- Analytics Analysis – What is the data telling you? Use it to identify conversion leaks, measure outcomes and to decide where to focus time and money on improvement.
- Focus on a single page – Your analytics will tell you which pages need attention. Narrow it down to a single page, define the testing goal for the page, and create an alternate page.
- Test – A huge advantage of the internet is the ability to test out your ideas. In the head to head competition between pages, you learn what compels your visitors to convert and what doesn’t.
- Test & Tweak to maximize gains – A successful website is measured by its lead conversion rate. You build conversion rate improvements one page at a time. To maximize your conversion rate, your mantra has to be: test, learn, improve, and test again.
Do you need a conversion optimization specialist to increase your lead conversion rate?
As you can see from the checklist, conversion optimization is not rocket science. So no, you don’t need a conversion specialist to optimize your website.
Here’s what we recommend:
Start with a Website Review which will give you an outside perspective of the strengths and weakness of your website. Think of it as a baseline report complete with actionable recommendations for improvement.
Then supplement your own conversion ideas with Ongoing Conversion Services. You’ll get research and analysis, with recommendations for testing and improving your website. If you choose the premium plan, you will also get a mock-up of the “page of the month”.
Got questions about . . .
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Google Analytics
- A/B (Split) & Multivariate Testing
- Landing Page Optimization
Hire us for 30 minutes for $70 or 1 hour for $125
Just give Carl a call at 888-320-4996 or Contact Us