The Conversionator V3 N26: Weekly Insights and Ideas
This week’s edition includes way to use social sharing, segmentation optimization for increasing conversions, color meaning among different cultures, streamlining form registrations, and turning bad reviews into a learning experience:
- Not all site visitors are created equal. Small Business Trend’s Don’t Put Your Eggs in One Basket: Conversions Through Segmentation explains how you can optimize your website for any number of customer profiles by putting extra work into creating separate user experiences for each customer base
- Have you been looking for ways to drive more traffic to your blog content? 7 Ways to Increase Your Blog Visibility With Social Sharing from Social Media Examiner shares a 7 step process to help make your content as shareable as possible
- It’s important to understand how color associations vary from culture to culture, and within different possible audiences, when planning a website. Color and Cultural Design Considerations from Webdesigner Depot takes a look at a rainbow of basic hues and what meanings people of different cultures may infer from them
- Regardless of what type of online form you create, it’s always a best practice to limit the number of fields to what is absolutely essential to complete the transaction. Online Registration: It’s All in How You Ask the Question from ClickZ shows how registration flows can be overwhelming and the importance of experimenting
- The number one reason that a bad review is a good thing is because it is a learning experience. So You Got a Bad Review? That Can Be a Good Thing! from Business 2 Community contributor Ashley Neal of Small Biz Writer provides understanding and offers fixes on bad review opportunities to learn from
That will round it up for this week and I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to request one free conversion idea for your website as well as to signup for our blog updates and conversion tips newsletter. If you have any tips, suggestions, or resources you’d like to share please leave us a comment below and please feel free to suggest topics that you would like to see covered in future Conversionator posts.
Donna has been in the Marketing and Research fields for over 20 years working with a wide array of industries and contributes The Conversionator weekly roundup post to the Diamond Website Conversion blog.